Sunday, August 2, 2009

Last Minute Trip!

So this last week my cousin called me up and invited me to go to Havasupai Falls with her. I had honestly never heard of the place, but I love backpacking and I needed to get away for a few days. Well I managed to get work off and headed down to utah. I went to church with my cousin Mandy and then we had a big dinner with my favorite strawberry ice cream! Then we took off on our long drive. We picked up two people in Provo, whom we had never met before. Their names were Cory and Angela. We continued driving to the city of enoch :) where we met up with Mandy's cousin Glen and his friends Jake and Tom were waiting. We got everything loaded into the cars and drove down to Kingman, Arizona. We all got about 2 hours of sleep that night. We got to the Havasupai Falls parking lot at 7AM and began our 10 mile hike in. We made it by 10:30! It was so much fun. Havasupai is one of the most goreous places I have ever seen, and has become one of my favorite places on Earth! Here are some pictures:


The village we walked through on our way in.


They had an LDS church there. I think next time I go I want to test it out!

Our first view of the Havasupai Falls.




These are the portapoties... They have to fly them out to dump them!


This is where they recomend you go in a flash flood... Doesn't look too safe:)


Moony Falls



Descend at your own risk!

This was the descent!


Are we in Hawaii?



Cliff jumping!



Rock Falls.


We found this sign in front of Rock Falls and decided it was too fun to pass up!












Then we went back behind.

and of course jumped out!


We hiked out Wednesday night after the sun went behind the rocks. What normally takes people 6 hours we did in 4! We were hauling! We drove all night and all the next day, but the trip was totally worth it! It was such a fun trip! Thanks Mandy for letting me tag along! If you ever get the chance to go to Havasupai Falls, do it! The hike in is totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Its soooo pretty!!! and it looks like so much fun! I would lovve to jump off those waterfalls! Michael and I want to go on a hike like that! But we'll have to go with someone else.. because you dont think I could do it! RUDE! :)

    ReplyDelete